Moira Kaye Education Bursary
Moira Kaye was a driving force and ever-present member of the Association for Clinical Microbiology (ACM) and then the Association for Laboratory Medicine's Microbiology Professional Committee for 20 years.
Moira was a great champion of Clinical Scientists and genuinely cared about our trainees. We were privileged to call Moira our friend and are pleased that this Microbiology educational bursary has been named in her honour.
Criteria for applications
- The bursary is open to Members of at least 12 months who are attending an educational meeting with a microbiological or infection theme.
- An annual fund of £500 is available, in full or part.
- The bursary may be used for:
- Meeting/ conference registration fees
- Travel to and from an educational meeting
- Accommodation for an educational meeting
- Childcare/ carer costs to enable attendance at an educational meeting.
- Receipts for expenses will be required.
- Applications will be considered throughout the year.
- With limited funding, particular consideration will be given to trainee members of the Association, as well as members presenting scientific work (poster, workshop, oral presentation) at the meeting for which they are applying for a grant.
- Retrospective applications will NOT be considered.
- It is expected that successful applicants will produce a short article for LabMed News.
Dr Moira Kaye (1976 – 2022)